Let’s first take a little quiz. (The I refers to me, but if you can relate—by all means, keep count)
Which of the following incidents have actually occurred in the last month?
A.) I’ve stepped on dog poop while running on the beach caused by gawking at a tall, dark, and handsome stud muffin (and the aforementioned male figure spotted the poop stepping).
B.) I’ve had a hobo throw a shoe at me after giving him 25 cents.
C.) I’ve slid between the legs of a crush on a slip and slide
D.) I’ve done the Macarena on top of a car at 2 in the morning and been asked if I had an aneurism by a complete stranger.
*Answers will be posted at the end of the blog*
If any of these incidents have happened to you recently, you may think that your life is out of whack. Or perhaps you’ve done something to deserve the karmic return? The truth is; it’s just the world working in its strange but proper way. Some may have the misconception that awkwardness is the bane of all existence, but it’s the exact opposite. Let’s take a moment to remember the last day that you DIDN’T have an awkward moment. Can you remember it? Probably not. Now think of a day that you DID have an awkward moment. Actually, let’s take it a step further and think back to the day when your most awkward moment occurred. Can you recall the vivid details? Even the little things like the weather, what you were wearing, the exact thoughts rushing inside your head?
Not only do awkward moments help serve our memory, but can also tremendously impact the way we perceive the world and how we make decisions in the future. Case and point: Subject A steps on a pile of dog crap, and in the future will always and forever look down while he/she runs, thus forcing subject A to become more aware of his/her surroundings.
See? Awkward moments not only make the best cocktail stories, but are entirely practical. How could one live life without them?
I’ll just come out and admit it: I am awkward, and I am proud. Judge at your own risk.
*Answer: Hidden option E—All of the above*
I'm sorry but I laughed so loud that I've woken up my sister. Well worth it, thank you for the entertainment that is your life, Thu Nguyen.
ReplyDelete